Thursday, July 7, 2011

QR codes- what a fun suprise!!

Spending lots of time on twitter of the last couple of days I have been overwhelmed by the amount of incredible educational ideas that are out there. As a education junkie I want to try it all. I kept seeing the black and white looking cubes on documents and websites. Then I saw a post on it on twitter, thanks to @teach46. I finally got an educational way to use qrcodes. Here is my first attempt at using and explaining how to use them. Here is a step by step process, good luck.

1. Find a website or a picture on the web you want to use with your text And simply copy the URL code.


2. Got to http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ and drop your copied URL code and choose the size you want.  This site will spit our a different URL code.


3.Then just like any picture or website you what to use drop it into your blog,wiki,PowerPoint, or word document.


The advantage to this is when you print your paper all the reader needs is a scanner app on their phone and it will take them directly to the picture or website that is used. Below you will find several different examples of qrcodes. What a super tool to use for interaction with parents and a very tech savvy group of students. Remember we want to embrace technology in the classroom not keep it at bay.

Enjoy the Internet search using your fancy scan app on your phone....one of them doesn't work, that is on purpose it's a you tube video. If you can figure it out PLEASE tell me so I can use it in my classroom.




      qrcode   qrcode
P.S. as I was adding these codes I just was thinking how cool it would be to use for scavenger hunts or an about me page..... the possibilities are endless.  Please add ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Hey you and Cool Cat teacher are on the same wave length. He is doing a 3 part series with ideas you might want to check out.

    Thanks for the reminder. I would like to incorporate QR codes into my class. My problem right now is I don't have something to read them. http://coolcatteacher.visibli.com/share/WBE885

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love QR Codes. I see a lot of possibility in putting summaries in book jackets with QR codes, assigning research topics by having kids randomly choose one to scan, answers to math problems, etc. The code doesn't just have to point to a webpage, but can simply be text as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My QR Codes page http://cybraryman.com/qrcodes.html

    ReplyDelete